Unitrends Named to Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances
World’s leading IT research and advisory firm recognises Unitrends for its completeness of vision and ability to execute
BURLINGTON, Mass. – 22 June, 2015 – Unitrends today announced it has been included in Gartner, Inc.’s 2015 “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances*.” In this report, “Gartner provides analysis and evaluation of the leading providers that offer a range of traditional to innovative recovery capabilities.”
According to Gartner, “This Magic Quadrant describes the evolution of enterprise backup, which incorporates new products, solutions and techniques for protecting, backing up and recovering physical server and virtual server files, applications, system images, and endpoint devices.” Gartner Magic Quadrants evaluate vendors on their completeness of vision and ability to execute. The report states, “As the backup/recovery software and integrated appliance market comprises dozens, if not hundreds, of vendors, this report narrows it down to those that have a strong presence worldwide in the upper-end midmarket and large-enterprise environments.”
Unitrends’ product portfolio, which supports backup and recovery of more than 200 different versions of operating systems, applications and hypervisors, includes:
- Unitrends Recovery-Series – The company’s family of physical purpose-built backup appliances.
- Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ – A software-only virtual appliance that unites virtual, deep virtual, physical and unified compute protection.
- Unitrends Free™ – The first free backup solution specifically designed for IT professionals seeking cost-effective protection for home labs, early-stage virtualisation projects and small environments.
- Unitrends Cloud™ – A hybrid cloud for business continuity and disaster recovery offered in Forever Cloud™, No Limits Cloud™ and Metered service levels.
- Unitrends DRaaS™ – A first-of-its-kind automated business continuity solution that guarantees full recovery of entire IT infrastructures in the cloud within one hour of a declared disaster.
- Unitrends Boomerang™ – A virtual appliance offering VMware and Amazon Web Services Disaster Recovery as a Service, migration and cloudbursting.
- ReliableDR™ – Recovery assurance software that automates disaster recovery failover and testing for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments, providing customers with the industry’s only unequivocal disaster recovery assurance guarantee.
All of Unitrends’ offerings are backed by a world-class support team, which maintains a customer satisfaction rating exceeding 98 percent.
“Since our Magic Quadrant debut last year, we have made tremendous strides in delivering cutting-edge, backup and disaster recovery solutions,” said Kevin Weiss, Unitrends’ president and chief executive officer. “Our acquisitions of PHD Virtual and Yuruware have expanded our virtualisation and cloud functionality, and we’ve consistently delivered new products, like Unitrends Free, and features, such as tiered SSD flash storage, that are truly transforming data protection. We believe this recognition by Gartner underscores our efforts to provide customers with cloud-empowered integrated appliances and software offerings that allow them to focus on managing their businesses rather than grappling with backup and disaster recovery.”
To access the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances, go to:http://go.unitrends.com/GartnerQuadrant2015. For more information on Unitrends, please visit: www.unitrends.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Unitrends delivers award-winning business recovery solutions for any IT environment. The company’s portfolio of virtual, physical and cloud solutions provides adaptive protection for organisations globally. To address the complexities facing today’s modern data center, Unitrends delivers end-to-end protection and instant recovery of all virtual and physical assets as well as automated disaster recovery testing built for virtualisation. With the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership, Unitrends’ offerings are backed by a customer support team that consistently achieves a 98 percent satisfaction rating. Unitrends’ solutions are also sold through a community of thousands of leading technology partners, service providers and resellers worldwide. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Director of Marketing Communications